Cat peed himself - how to clean him without bathing?

Kat.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Not sure if this is the right forum for this - I'm sorry if it isn't.

My cat was getting IV fluids at the vet today and peed himself. He was laying in his carrier with blankets all around him so I didn't notice and now he's absolutely SOAKED. His stomach and hind legs in particular. They said I'm not allowed to bathe him now since he's sick (also I've never done and this seems like super stressful thing for him). Any tips how I could clean him up? I'm trying pet wipes but he's way too wet for it, it's doing nothing

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wipe him down with warmed pet wipes or a warm, damp washcloth and try to dry him as best you can with a dry towel. A bath would be too stressful. Keep him in a very warm environment for a while, a covered heat pad on low or a cat heat pad would be welcome. This is the best you can do. He will further clean himself when he feels better. I pray he gets better soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kat.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! I cleaned him up as best as I could with vet wipes and a washcloth but had a hard time drying him. He's cleaning himself nonstop also - I think he's really bothered by it.