Cat partially pooped outside litter box

tomato78

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, I would appreciate some advice on how urgent you think this is. I came home from work today and my cat (~2 year old female) had pooped a bit in the room adjoining the room with her litter box. I scooped the box and there was a fairly large poop inside that seemed normal texture (I squished it and couldn’t find anything weird in it). The poop on the floor was a little soft but not diarrhea, also nothing weird in it that I could tell but did have some of her fur. Yesterday she threw up a little liquid with only a little bit of undigested cat treat in it. She is otherwise behaving normally and eating normally. She does like to chew on things so I’ve done my best to remove anything she can chew on from the house, but that adds to my concern. I can’t tell if I am overthinking here of if I should try and see an emergency vet or wait for a normal appointment. I did call the vet and the receptionist couldn’t give me any guidance on if I should bring her in right away or not, but made the earliest appointment they had for Friday and said the wait for an emergency appointment is 5-6 hours (this vet is both a normal and emergency vet) if I wanted to try that. Or I can reach out to other vets in the area. Thank you!!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! If she is otherwise behaving and eating as normal would wait until Friday. If she had a larger than normal movement, my guess is she thought she was done when she exited the box and had a little "surprise" fall out.
If the receptionist didn't act alarmed by this, I think Friday should be fine for an appointment. Monitor her box habits until then and let the vet know if it happens again, or if she behaves differently. Do you have any other cats in the house, or is she an "only child"?