Cat only pooping on my nice shaggy rug!!

fox007d

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all.

I come seeking help please. My 6 year old indoor tabby cat had been relatively fine. I live alone in a NYC apartment. I don't travel much but when I do I have a cat sitter to visits my apartment everyday.

Since my last trip a few months ago, my cat suddenly started to poop on my living room shaggy rug. Even when I returned she would occasionally continue doing it on my rug. The vet cleared her and she is fine. They think it's behavioral. If I roll up my rug she poops in the litter. I tried spraying my rug with natures miracle formula that claims to prevent this.... But it's been useless for me. My cat knows I don't like it since every time I go to collect the poop she darts inside her house.

Shall I get my rug steam cleaned or use another product?? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Ved

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like the cat sitter didn't scoop enough and so she prefers the nice soft rug to litter now. You may just have to put the rug up. *shrug*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fox007d

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Minka

Sounds to me like the cat sitter didn't scoop enough and so she prefers the nice soft rug to litter now. You may just have to put the rug up. *shrug*
I have the litter robot and I think it malfunctioned while I was away. She nevers pees on the rug. So why would she be ok peeing in the box but nit the big job? Is there any product you know that can make her stop using the rug?

Cheers

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it malfunctioned and the sitter didn't scoop, then the problem still stands.

Maybe she puts her butt down lower when she poops, who knows, but no, I don't know of any product that stops pooping, I would still recommend just putting up the rug.

tabster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The only thing I can think of is getting something to keep her off the rug entirely, but she might just start pooing somewhere else. I wonder if you got another litter box, put it right in the same spot on the rug (yeah not very attractive) then gradually move the litter box away. . .