Cat only likes to eat if I'm in the room

mysticsmeg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Got my kitty from a shelter around 6 months of age , she was found under a hedge, she will follow me every time i go in the kitchen and eat her food she is nearly 8 now also she wont come home if any man is in my home even if its my son or dad that she has known for years. Poor thing. Lol as i am writing this two cats outside are having a fallout!!!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
@mysticsmeg This thread is quite a few year's old.  Maybe you would like to start your own?

carman lam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat would meow at me even though I already gave him food, just to make me follow him to the kitchen and watch him eat......

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If eating is "the thing" your cat will only do if you are watching them.......Consider yourself lucky.

detroitcatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It may be her "thing" or it may be something that she will overcome once she gets used to her new environment. Some of my cats did this while they were adjusting to being in a new place, I just made sure to be there during their meal time while they ate. After a while they no longer waited til i was in the room to eat but they went through a phase where they would all eat together and wouldn't eat if I tried to separate them which was challenging when I needed to feed them different foods. Now they don't seem to mind eating by themselves at all.