Cat on Ovarid - Side Effects?

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat was put on Ovarid for a skin condition and while it looks to be clearing up, his appetite has gone through the roof and he is constantly crying and annoying me looking for food.

I've also noticed that the weird white skin part in his eye (that usually I'll only see if he's half asleep) is visible a lot of the time. I know that's not a big deal but I'm just wondering if it's a side effect or just a coincidence?

Just wondering what side effects other people have experienced with their cat on Ovarid and whether people recommend using this drug? He is due to take 2 more tablets over the next 2 weeks, but I don't want to keep giving it to him if there is something better out there. I also don't want to end up with an extremely overweight cat on my hands!

Thanks

lynsgems

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping your vet reviewed the side effects with you when this medication was prescribed. Please contact them and ask if these are normal. Seeing the third eyelid "a lot of the time" is not normal and should be checked.

Please contact your vet office and leave a message for your vet if not available or take your kitty back to be examined.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your reply. The vet just said that putting him on steroids would mean his appetite would increase a lot, so she offered this as an alternative. No mention of side effects!

I'll drop down today and speak to whoever is on duty.