Cat Obessesed With The Human Toilet?

DanaruChan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there!
My cat was never interested in our toilet but since a week or so he started to press the "flush button" on his own, up to 10 times at night. He does that on purpose and I even had to cover the button.
As soon as you open the lid, he jumps ontop of the lip and just looks inside of the toilet, he never drinks out of it. I do have some videos of that too.

Why did he start to behave like that? Any ideas?

nazzurai

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's probably just fascinated about the toilet?

Difficult one to be honest

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DanaruChan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He just comes running as soon as you go to the bathroom. Pretty funny, but also kind of disgusting

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats are amazing at learning cause and effect. You push the button, water swirls and something goes down and disappears. He finds it interesting so he does it again.

You could choose to lock him out while you are in there, or let him hang out and stare. Toss a toy in the show or tub and he may lose interest in you.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's taken nearly a year but Mizu has figured out this week that if she taps on the cabinet doors with her paw often enough they will bounce ever so slightly but just enough to slip her paw in between them and open them. Guess who needs to baby proof her kitchen this week? You guessed right! The answer as to why cats do most things like this is....CATS. :gaah:

DanaruChan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's taken nearly a year but Mizu has figured out this week that if she taps on the cabinet doors with her paw often enough they will bounce ever so slightly but just enough to slip her paw in between them and open them. Guess who needs to baby proof her kitchen this week? You guessed right! The answer as to why cats do most things like this is....CATS. :gaah:

Oh no, that sucks :(

I just placed a very light book on top of the toilet button thing and on the side of the book a bottle of shampoo.

Had to search something very light but also make it heavy so that my cat could't just push the book down and that the thing on top dosn't flush the toilet on it's own hahaha.
I sure hope that one day he just forgets about the toilet :(

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no, that sucks :(
Yeah...thought those years were over with my kids grown.

Any chance you could just close the door to the bathroom so that the cat can't play with the flusher?

DanaruChan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, his own toilet is in there and my Appartment is not very big, so there is no other place to put it :/
We also can't let him out becsuse sadly we life on the 2th floor and a very busy street is right in front of my door. It sucks

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ah, ok, I'm beginning to see the problem. I guess that's the only option then if you can't really find another location for the litterbox. I know there are people who train their cats to use the toilet. Not suggesting it but I suppose your cat is halfway there already.

DanaruChan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Litterbox was the word i was searching for, lol. Thank you.

I do actually think that i could teach him to use the toilet. He does learn pretty quick. He does listen to us if we say "no" (most of the time) and he also comes running if you call his name. Haven't tried to teach him other things yet, but i could give it a shot

That's the cutie i'm talking about btw
20180711_221126.jpg
20180711_221126.jpg

Attachments