Cat Novels

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
MOST of the books are $3.79, orders over $10 get free shipping, and when you've built up to $50 in orders, you get a Reading Reward certificate for $5. That REALLY helps stretch my reading buget.

If you haven't run across it, the prequel to the Joe Grey series is "The Catswold Portal." Much more fantasy, but gives the background of where Joe Grey and the cats like him originated. It's lovely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Scraggles inspecting the delivery of cat books that arrived this morning... :thumbsup:

IMG_20170718_110011.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you don't mind used books, I've had very good luck with Thriftbooks. With my budget, it allows me to order several books a month, and save Amazon for the new releases.
Paperbackswap is a good site too. If you have books that you are done with you add them to your library and others can choose them. When they mark the book as received you get a point (or points depending on the book) that you can use to request books from other members. Trade Used Books with PaperBack Swap (the world's largest Book Club)

If you join and list 5 books to swap you get a point that you can use to request a book.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Paperbackswap is a good site too. If you have books that you are done with you add them to your library and others can choose them. When they mark the book as received you get a point (or points depending on the book) that you can use to request books from other members. Trade Used Books with PaperBack Swap (the world's largest Book Club)

If you join and list 5 books to swap you get a point that you can use to request a book.
LOL...although that sounds SO cool, I tend to buy authors that I know and actually want to collect. I have about 350 right now, with another 500 on the "I WANT THIS" list! It is seldom that I get rid of a beloved author, and yes, I read them over and over again! I will, however, look into it, as I occasionally get a box of books from a friend, and some of those aren't keepers.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL...although that sounds SO cool, I tend to buy authors that I know and actually want to collect. I have about 350 right now, with another 500 on the "I WANT THIS" list! It is seldom that I get rid of a beloved author, and yes, I read them over and over again! I will, however, look into it, as I occasionally get a box of books from a friend, and some of those aren't keepers.
What I do is go to the thrift store and get cheap books just to trade. Usually ones I already have. You can often find books that people are looking to get a very low price and you don't get rid of the ones you want to keep. I looked for popular authors and if the books were in good condition I'd get them then go home and put them up for trade

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved the book, "Dewey," The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron. It's a very heartwarming and true story.:caticon:
I did a search wondering if anyone has read this, so to resurrect an old thread...
this book is so amazing.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoyed "The Cat Who..." series by Lilian Jackson Brown. They are quirky mysteries, though sometimes without that much of a mystery to solve.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite is the Travelling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa. It's written partly from the cats perspective and I really liked that aspect.