Cat not pooping everyday anymore

zhuuyeon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat got spayed over 2 weeks ago. She used to be a regular daily pooper before her spay but now she would sometimes go 48 hours without a bowel movement. Her poops are pretty healthy looking according to the stool chart. They’re formed, moist, and don’t look characteristic of constipation. This week, she had 4 days of normal bowel movements and I thought it was finally over but now she’s back to irregular poops again. After her spay, she developed a very large seroma so she’s been confined in a small room for the last 2 weeks and hasn’t moved very much. Could this be contributing to the less frequent BMs? I called the vet and they weren’t too concerned and said to bring her in if she goes 3 days without pooping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zhuuyeon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lol she just pooped. I wrote this because I was getting worried that she wouldn’t go today but yay

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Isn't that the way it almost always works!?!? Glad to hear she pooped! Her lack of mobility probably has played a role in the less frequent BMs, especially if she hasn't eaten quite as much as usual. Will she be able to move about more soon? If so, hopefully, things will start to normalize out a bit after this. Just keep doing what you are doing - monitoring her and see what happens.

I would suggest 1/8 tsp of Miralax mixed with a bit of water and then add it to her food, but you probably should wait until Day 3 of no poop, and then ask the vet if this would be OK to try.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If the stool looks normal, I wouldn’t change anything. Lack of activity can certainly cause a decrease in frequency of BM. Pain can to.