Cat not eating

Leroy17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My male 11 yr old dsh did not eat even one bite of food for 6 days after a puncture wound or bite to his backside. Drank water though. I brought this concern to the emergency vet plus my regular vet when we were able to get an appointment. I had to force feed him for 3 days. Just like it reads, no glory but likely saved him. Did the transdermal appetite meds which did nothing for him. At least $200.00 in special foods and/baby food.

He soon was able to eat 1tsp of food at a time on his own. I was putting food in his area/face every few hours. Yup! That was it. It’s been a month or so with his recovery. Very sloooooow recovery.
Ive read so many articles about the damage after a few days to a cats liver and other organs from lack of food, I was ready to euthanize. He was not looking good.

He was not able to walk after his injury. Naturally we made amends. Ramps and such for him to get to a higher place. He is a happy guy! Always a rascal.

I cannot believe how well he is doing! One more mention, he did not eat one bite for 6 days! Vet check the end of July. I’m so happy I didn’t give up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leroy17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good on you!!! Your cat is one tough 'cookie' - helped immensely by your assistance and perseverance.
FeebysOwenwer,
My desperation brought me to this site. I’m so grateful to read all the tips and stories by all who have been there done that.
I have a happy ending to tell, thanks for the acknowledgement to our little cookie!
p.s. he hates me

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
p.s. he hates me
He doesn't hate you! Cats can be real 'a$$es' and I think they sometimes exert the only control they feel they have by agonizing their caretaker into thinking they won't forgive them for what they've done (but they do!). They are little loveable 'jerks'!