Cat not eating..

david1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was fixed on Tuesday the 5th but still seems not to be eating??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

david1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok cause she seems to be doing well on all other areas but eating not happening

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she not eating anything at all? You could try tempting her with tuna or something similar just to get her started on eating. 

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, if you wait too long and she doesn't eat she'll become very very sick. Like thousands of dollars to try and save her sick. 

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A few things I learned and worked for me when Boney Girl wasn't eating.

1. Have food next to her/him when they wake up.

2. Try tuna water or homemade chicken or turkey broth.

3. Warm wet food---increases aroma and can stimulate appetite. 

See your vet if this does not help

adam35

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My pussy became very ill. Didn't eat or drink so had to resort to force feeding via oral syringe. Tried everything to no avail until I separated eggs. Bin the egg white as it's crap and save the egg yolk. High in fat and protein. Add a little tepid water if eggs are refrigerated whisk load syringe and while gently holding his jaw (enough so he can lap) put the syringe behind his thanks and gently discharge syringe into his mouth. I did this and within 4 days he was back to himself. Hope this helps anyone in distress.

adam35

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My pussy became very ill. Didn't eat or drink so had to resort to force feeding via oral syringe. Tried everything to no avail until I separated eggs. Bin the egg white as it's crap and save the egg yolk. High in fat and protein. Add a little tepid water if eggs are refrigerated whisk load syringe and while gently holding his jaw (enough so he can lap) put the syringe behind his thanks and gently discharge syringe into his mouth. I did this and within 4 days he was back to himself. Hope this helps anyone in distress.

david1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took her to the vet temp,blood pressure,heart rate,and incision are all good.They think cause she was in heat when I took her in and the little extra they do when she was in heat could be the cause.She is eating wet food again not really the dry yet.But still progress from before.no bowel movement yet since Tuesday.We r keeping her away from r other cats still so we can monitor her intake of food and watch the litter box for a bowel..

tunacat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would call your vet. Until you can get her in try to entice her with something she doesn't get to eat very often like soft cat food, canned tuna...even something like chicken or steak whatever you can do to make her want to eat. Cats can't go very long without eating. I had a cat who was just eating less because of a move and lost a lot of weight because of it. His liver started failing and at one point we had him on appetite stimulants, anti nausea medicine, liver supplements and something for his gall bladder. Ever try to give a cat 4 pills? I got very good at it. He is med free now, but it took a year of being on meds of some sort before he was well enough to go back to taking nothing and as I understand it, my case was a positive one. Some cats wind up needing feeding tubes and hospitalization. My cat was also overweight though and that does make it more likely to happen. If she's not vomiting, hiding or acting strange and you don't see any signs of jaundice or illness she's probably okay, but talk to your vet as soon as you can anyways. Cat health can be super delicate.

david1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took her to the vet Sat. And she is acting very normal again.She has started to eat again and has had a few bowel movements