Cat Not Coming Home Anymore

giusyjoey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi fellow cat owners! I need your help with something I'm going through with my Perla. I've had her since she was 8 weeks old and she is now 1 year and a few months. I started letting her out regularly a month ago and she would come back at night everyday. It's been a few days she doesn't. I know she is out there cause if I call her she comes. I realised that 2 other cats have been coming in the house and they probably left their scent everywhere and that's why she would come in backyard but she wouldn't get into the house anymore. If I manage to get her and keep her indoors for a while, do you think she'll get used to the scent and she would start coming back again? I just saw a cat coming in and eating her food. That's keeping her away! Thank you!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there! Has Perla been spayed? If not, she is out looking for a "date". Why has she been going outside? She is safer inside. What other cats are coming into the house and how are they getting in? Are they your cats as well? If another cat is eating her food, that might keep her away. Cats do not need to go outside to have full lives. There's so much danger out there for them especially if they are intact.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, she is most likely going to have kittens in a couple of months. There are so many dangers outside, it is not worth it to let them roam. I have buried too many strays that people have dropped off. She won't like staying inside now, but be persistent and she will once again be happy inside. A large cage could let her enjoy the outside without getting into trouble. Roaming toms are not gentle at all with their lady friends, and injuries can happen when they fight over her too. Good luck, and I hope you can bring her back inside!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

giusyjoey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there! Thank you for your replies! Perla is spayed so no problem with that! I live in a neighbourhood with a lot of cats and it's safe for her to roam around, she goes out from the backyard, there's a cat flap. There is one old cat that's been there forever and I think he's trying to take over her territory and succeeding. I don't think she likes him but they never fought. He's like he lion king of the situation. I live with other people In a houseshare in London and I tatted letting her out cause my landlord kinda forced me. I managed to keep her inside for the first year but when he came to visit he told me I don't have to be so paranoid and that she would come back, and she did for a while but then she stopped. I don't even know if someone feeds her. I'll try to get her and keep her inside for a while and I'll buy one of those microcchip catflaps. I know she is safe but I don't know if she's well!