Cat Nose Split

janleyveilor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I noticed that my cat’s philtrum is a bit open? The other photo is also a recent one before she got this split on her nose. Is this normal tho or there’s an underlying health problem? She recently had surgery but she’s pretty fine ig. There were no signs of bleeding as well in the nose area.

Attachments

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't ever seen anything like that before. It looks kind of swollen to me but I can't imagine it's from any recent surgery.
I'd be bringing her into the vet to have a look before it keeps getting worse. May be something easy to treat but if left alone for a while, become more problematic.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If the surgery was related to her nose/mouth, then there might be something going on from that aspect - e.g.; swollen tissue, scar tissue developing. Whether or not that is the case, you could send a pic or two to your vet and ask what they think. Odds are they will want to see her either way.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! I noticed that my cat’s philtrum is a bit open? The other photo is also a recent one before she got this split on her nose. Is this normal tho or there’s an underlying health problem? She recently had surgery but she’s pretty fine ig. There were no signs of bleeding as well in the nose area.
I agree with the previous posters, J janleyveilor since this is something that has developed, not the way it has always been.