Cat nose bridge issue

mbarth.tn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Archie is my 7 year old boy. He’s always had a beautiful white coat. Over the last few weeks, this has developed. Does anyone have any thoughts? We are fostering a kitten that has ringworm, that has been quarantined the entire time. My vet said this doesn’t look like ringworm but did perform a culture just to make sure. It’s only been a week for the culture so we don’t have results yet. If I use a wipe on it, it comes off like a brown color. It doesn’t appear to have lost any hair. I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thank you!

Attachments

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Does all the brown color come off if you clean it, or does some remain behind? Can you see if the skin under the hair is red or irritated?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbarth.tn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Some of it will wipe off with moderate force. It still leaves some behind. We can’t really see the skin too well but it doesn’t look red or irritated from what I can tell.

mbarth.tn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Does all the brown color come off if you clean it, or does some remain behind? Can you see if the skin under the hair is red or irritated?
Some of it will wipe off with moderate force. It still leaves some behind. We can’t really see the skin too well but it doesn’t look red or irritated from what I can tell.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK, its good that the skin doesn't look irritated :)
I would continue washing the area gently to keep it clean and wait for those results. I'd love to know what the vet says about this.
Just out of curiosity, does he go outside, or does he stay inside and seek out sunbeams to nap in?

mbarth.tn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OK, its good that the skin doesn't look irritated :)
I would continue washing the area gently to keep it clean and wait for those results. I'd love to know what the vet says about this.
Just out of curiosity, does he go outside, or does he stay inside and seek out sunbeams to nap in?
He’s 100% indoor kitty and he sometimes lays in the sun. And thank you! I will post an update once I get results. It just doesn’t look like ringworm to me. I’m hoping it’s not because I have 5 other cats. We have Archie quarantined to our sunroom, and then disinfected the entire house with Rescue cleaner just as a precaution. Our foster kitten is being treated for ringworm and has been kept separate in a playpen, in a room that is closed off.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He’s 100% indoor kitty and he sometimes lays in the sun. And thank you! I will post an update once I get results. It just doesn’t look like ringworm to me. I’m hoping it’s not because I have 5 other cats. We have Archie quarantined to our sunroom, and then disinfected the entire house with Rescue cleaner just as a precaution. Our foster kitten is being treated for ringworm and has been kept separate in a playpen, in a room that is closed off.
You are handling this ringworm situation very well! I'm hopeful the vet has some answers for you via the culture :)
FWIW, I work in pet boarding and Rescue cleaner is what we use for cleaning and disinfecting. We have had no outbreaks of anything communicable, so I think you made a great choice!

mbarth.tn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does he have access to a screen that perhaps he pushes his nose against? I would definitely limit sun exposure.
He doesn’t have access to a screen. But does have access to a lot of windows. Do you think it has to do with sun exposure?