Cat mysteriously losing weight....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pandorahbear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He gets soft food twice a day..and there are two big bowls of cat food so no one is fighting over a food bowl. I'm still waiting for the response from the vet I sent these pictures to...
Maybe my vet was right. But I still want to know if this other vet can help me out more then my current vet is.

samus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Even with two bowls, it's possible he nibbles and walks away and the other cat eats the rest later. (Unless of course you saw him eat the whole thing!)

It's always good to get a second opinion! I hope you find a vet that can figure out what's going on. Good luck!

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It well could be depression. Did you ever get the test results back? That would give you a better idea of what it is (or is not) rather than symptoms alone.

Sick cats in my experience are not very clingy, so you may be on to something. There are always exceptions, but hopefully the blood work has ruled out anything bad physically.
This is true, my most clingy cat who loves to snuggle will go and sleep in an isolated spot if he feels sick. Dead giveaway right there that something is wrong with him.

If you're not positive that he's peeing more, put him, a water bowl, and a litterbox in one room for a day or two. Then you can more accurately measure the input/output.

I don't see anything glaringly alarming in the test results and I'm not sure how your vet jumped to cancer either? 

Last edited:

mandypine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I'm curious what the final diagnosis turned out to be?