Cat Mysteries

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry Bobbie, my daughter is fine and all grown-up now.

I found a list of the Joe Grey series:

1. Cat on the Edge 1996
2. Cat under Fire 1997
3. Cat Raise the Dead 1997
4. Cat in the Dark 1999
5. Cat to the Dogs 2000
6. Cat Spitting Mad 2000

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Special for meowmy Bobbie and anyone that might be interested......

There's a great collection of little stories by Bailey White called Mama Makes Up Her Mind. The stories all take place in southern Georgia and northern Florida and White is also an elementary school teacher. They are very funny and you'll probably like them.

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am a The-cat-who*maniac* and so is my bf!

The best series I've read so far and they're soooooo addictive, easy to read and still a bit puzzling as well.
My second love would have to be Rita Mae Brown's books(even though the long cast list at the beginning was a bit of a turn-off for me
), the Felidae books being a close third. I've read a few other books labelled cat mysteries, but mostly it was just a single book and not the kind that makes you hope for a series...oh and before I forgot, it's not truly a mystery, more a cute little book, Nero Corleone by a German author named Elke Heidenreich who has a literary show on tv and is quite popular over here

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We looked up the Sneaky Pie Brown books and discovered she's the only cat that gets credit as a coauthor of her series.

Her books are

Wish You Were Here (1990), Rest in Pieces (1992), Murder at Monticello (1994), Pay Dirt (1995), Murder She Meowed (1996), Murder on the Prowl (1998), Cat on the Scent (1999), Pawing Through the Past (2000), Claws and Effect (2001), Catch as Cat Can (2002), The Tail of the Tip-Off (2003), Whisker of Evil (2004), Cat's Eyewitness (2005).

Sneaky Pie has also published Sneaky Pie's Cookbook for Mystery Lovers (1999).

Her coauthor, Rita Mae Brown has written many other novels and one other (noncat) mystery series.

The Foxhunting series has three books: Outfoxed (2000), Hotspurs (2002) and The Hunt Ball (2005).

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was posted on another thread, but I know readers of this thread will be interested too.

“I am a cat. As yet I have no name.†So begins one of the most original and unique works in world literature and one of the classic novels ever written in Japanese. I Am a Cat by Soseki Natsume is the chronicle of an unloved, unwanted, wandering kitten who spends all his time observing human nature-from the dramas of businessmen and schoolteachers to the foibles of priests and potentates. Begun by Soseki in 1904, and long since a core book for students of Japanese literature, I Am a Cat is the seminal novel of the Meiji era and offers a biting commentary-through the prism of Sosekiâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s training in Chinese philosophy-of the social upheaval of this time period. Richly allegorical and delightfully readable, I Am a Cat, originally offered in three volumes, has now been brought under one cover in this newly redesigned edition.

Available at www.thejapanshop.net

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katie=^..^=

I found the first one Felidae in the library and read it at one sitting. It's not at all cozy like most of the cat mysteries, it's dark and sinister, but EXTREMELY well-written. A best-seller in Germany, France, and Italy. Thanks for recommending it.
I'm glad you liked it. I really hope he continues the series. They're not just "cat mysteries", but also social commentaries. Further books in the series deal with genocide, genetic engineering, and religious fanaticism/terrorism. They're all pretty dark.

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone read the cat books by Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson? They sound very interesting.