Cat mouth foaming

Saikachu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today my cat was making biscuits on this blanket and them he started licking his paw and suddenly he started aggressively chewing? And saliva and foam started coming out of his mouth he was doing these vigorous head shaking and chewing while foam and saliva was coming out of his mouth ,he was also pawing his mouth like something was stuck,the foam wasn't oozing,it felt like he was producing it? It looked like something went into his mouth but did it really? Let me know if it has ever happened with your cat,it's a 8 month old cat,vaccinated.

Last edited by a moderator:

MsKat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Perhaps swallowed yarn? Please what is "smith" forgive my ignorance....is everything ok now? Maybe string in throat....if so it may pass through intestines. Hope all is well! :bigeyes:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Often when something absolutely terrible tasting goes into a cat's mouth, there can be the foaming and saliva like you describe. Do you think he accidentally stepped into something, a chemical or cleaner or somesuch, and when he nibbled his foot, the taste got into his mouth?

It's funny - when I was reading your post what came to my mind was stinkbugs... we occasionally get stinkbugs in our apartment, and if my cat accidentally catches it in her mouth --accidentally, because if you know about stinkbugs, they put off an odor when you threaten them and our cat has learned that lesson! euw!--, and it can cause her to foam at the mouth and stuff. Do you think something similar could be going on w/ your cat here?

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Allergy? Is the a blanket he knows? New cleaning product? Like the stink bug idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Saikachu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I
Perhaps swallowed yarn? Please what is "smith" forgive my ignorance....is everything ok now? Maybe string in throat....if so it may pass through intestines. Hope all is well! :bigeyes:
he might have,I am sorry but I don't see the word "Smith" in my post, thank you for help.

Saikachu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Often when something absolutely terrible tasting goes into a cat's mouth, there can be the foaming and saliva like you describe. Do you think he accidentally stepped into something, a chemical or cleaner or somesuch, and when he nibbled his foot, the taste got into his mouth?

It's funny - when I was reading your post what came to my mind was stinkbugs... we occasionally get stinkbugs in our apartment, and if my cat accidentally catches it in her mouth --accidentally, because if you know about stinkbugs, they put off an odor when you threaten them and our cat has learned that lesson! euw!--, and it can cause her to foam at the mouth and stuff. Do you think something similar could be going on w/ your cat here?
I see well I just brought him from outside I think he tasted smth in his paw he didn't like,he stopped after sometime,he is good now.

Saikachu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Allergy? Is the a blanket he knows? New cleaning product? Like the stink bug idea.
No I don't think so,he probably taster soil stuck in his paw or smth