Cat Milk

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There aren't many kinds of cat milk, and I have found that whiskas milk is the easiest to find. It isn't in a plastic jug but a thing like a juice box. I buy it once every month or two. I give them about a saucerful a day until it's gone. I was giving it to the kittens at first pretty frequently b/c I wanted to supplement their nutrition a bit- they had been living outside. Don't know if it was a good idea or not. I have also bought healthy essentials milk treat for cats and kittens. It comes in different flavors- I just bought white cheddar flavor as we have a few cheese fans here. It also is in a 16 oz container. I found it at petsmart- sorry baby harley who doesn't have easy access to one.. These are the ingredients if anyone is interested:

lactose-free nonfat milk, filtered water, potato flour, safflower oil, tried torula yeast, dehydrated chese(milk, culture, salt, enzymes,cream, sodium phosphate, lactic acid), egg yolk, flaxseed oil, guar gum, l-taurine.

Oh, and the website on it is healthyessentials.com

kate_e_did

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm curious about cat milk, Would it be better to feed them something like KRM (kitten milk replacer) then the milks that don't have good nutrition? I only ask because KRM is available in a powder form, like baby formula, and would store longer once open.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The reason I don't give my kitties KRM as a treat is that I think it's too high in fat for adult kitties. True, I was supplmenting the kittens with some cat milk when I first got them, but I didn't feel that the situation was dire- they were not extremely underweight, just homeless. However, when I got Rocky I did give him so KRM the first couple of weeks b/c he was REALLY thin and ill. He gained weight really fast on it. I stopped giving it to him when he filled out and had a little belly. Of course I had just chucked it b/c it was expired when the kittens came to me.