Cat meowing in the box

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all! So my cat has been meowing in this litter box and the two times he has done it , there was a large / long poo that came out (solid).

Do I need to be alarmed?

He is eating/playing/peeing/running like normal.

Edit: Emailing vet and spoke to the Vet Helpline.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Waiting for hear back from Vet but the Vet helpline with Nationwide said just to monitor him and didn't seem to be overly concerned since he is going and its not soft or hard.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maybe ensure he's getting canned food if he isn't already, and try putting water bowls in several different locations around the house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom He is and he does drink his water as well. He used to run around meowing before going to the bathroom. If I don't hear from the vet today, I will call over tomorrow. It would be more concerning if he wasn't going to the bathroom at all.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi all! So my cat has been meowing in this litter box and the two times he has done it , there was a large / long poo that came out (solid).
If all else are normal, I would say meowing while trying to pop is normal especially if your kitty is very 'urgent' and probably have quite a big amount to poop. It's like telling you that quick, I need to go to the bathroom urgently, can't hold back anymore ......... :lol:

My boy does this meowing thing sometimes when he poops and he just did it this morning and he poop a heap.