cat may have uti?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my cat is still going to the litter box and doing little pee i wish i knew if she was blocked or not wish i could go to the vet now i'm so unpatient she is now doing it frequently  what can i do :\ will she be ok til tommarow? i'm afraid the to vet bill cost if its a blockage i hoipe thats curable with just meds

i feel like i may be restless tonite i'm afraid i will wake up and see her dying

luvmy4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was scared too as I did wait overnight to take Calvin. I couldn't get into my regular vet the same afternoon when I noticed the problem. My vet said that is normal for them to only go small amounts when going frequently. Bacteria, stones, idiopathic or whatever her bladder is probably inflamed and it makes her feel like she has to go even if there isn't much to go. If you have ever had a uti you know what I mean, that feeling of having to go every two minutes and not much coming out each time. If she is getting something out on a regular basis she is probably not blocked. If she were lethargic and vomiting well then I might say otherwise. Try to relax so Candie is more relaxed. You did the best thing you could by finding a ride and making an appointment. Try not to let the what if's take over. See what the vet says and then go from there.

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yeah i am a worried pet owner i would do anything for her even got carecredit for her got lucky  but more scared of the cost since 1k was m limit :\ i may get lucky to have some left over for future pet visits but what food should i give her she was on evo before this happen well still is i have feliade as well i'm thinking of just giving her felidae it has lower ph lvls reason why i got it casue of her past scare i'll try to sleep everybody pray she will be ok

luvmy4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She will be in my thoughts. Even with my whole recent vet bill diagnosis, surgery, meds, and overnight stay it wasn't much more than that so you will hopefully be fine. She may just have the same issue again. dunno.  I don't know about the diet aspect. Wait to see what the vet says about her urine pH, tests, etc. and then you will know what she needs for preventative care. I like to make a list of what I want to ask so I don't forget if I'm nervous, so maybe make a list of questions for you vet trip tomorrow. Yes, I take my notebook with me and write it all down. lol.

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well woke up found mycat peed outside her litter it was a lot of pee i don't know if thats good since there is no blood at all but she peed outside her litter box she is showing less symptons i'm awaiting for my sister though its hard to be patient i'm hoping my vet bill isn't costly i don't know waht they will do i just hope all she need is antibiotics at the end ater her exams