Cat Mats

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
As most cat owners do I have dozens of cat blankets and towels and usually have a laundry load of their bedding to do every week. Not that it’s soiled but mostly just hair covered. I recently discovered that memory foam bath mats make wonderful cat mats. The cats love their cushioned velvety feel. They are firm enough so that they don’t rumple or bunch and hair can be easily brushed off. And when they do get dirty, they are machine washable. Plus they are inexpensive.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
As most cat owners do I have dozens of cat blankets and towels and usually have a laundry load of their bedding to do every week. Not that it’s soiled but mostly just hair covered. I recently discovered that memory foam bath mats make wonderful cat mats. The cats love their cushioned velvety feel. They are firm enough so that they don’t rumple or bunch and hair can be easily brushed off. And when they do get dirty, they are machine washable. Plus they are inexpensive.
Great tip, thanks! :clapcat:

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Great idea for some…my cats would claw at them and they wouldn’t last long. I had a rubber mat in front of one litter box and one cat clawed at it so much I had to toss it. So I placed a boot tray under it, sticks out from underneath about 6-7 inches and it’s been working.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Great idea for some…my cats would claw at them and they wouldn’t last long. I had a rubber mat in front of one litter box and one cat clawed at it so much I had to toss it. So I placed a boot tray under it, sticks out from underneath about 6-7 inches and it’s been working.
Yes, Lola kneads pretty strongly on one and I can see spots where threads have pulled but it doesnt really affect anything but closeup appearance.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here is Lola enjoying her living room bath mat. Because of the foam back the mat doesn’t slide off the leather chair.View attachment 459879
I have four of these, and just realized I have no idea where they are. But my cats and dogs always have loved them. Now, I need to figure out where they are and dig them out! (Also, to dry, just lay them out flat while damp on a smooth surface and let them air dry. I used to put a towel on the washer and dryer and line them up.)

straycat31

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thx for this. I use some throw blankets from Tuesday Morning. They are normally about $10 but they are machine washable. I change them out for different seasons...summer, autumn🍁, Christmas🎄 (because I'm a nerd! LOL)

Attachments