Cat makes extended eye contact.

pangurban

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In early April we rescued a 7-year-old black male DSH. He has turned out to be a total cuddle and love bug. He will take all of the attention you are willing to give. Every other cat I have ever had in my life was not comfortable with more than short looks and glances when making eye contact. JC will look deeply into your eyes, often until you are the one to break the gaze. I love it and find it endearing. It is almost like he is trying to hypnotize you into giving him attention! Lol! Has anyone else ever had a cat like this?

Last edited:

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So adorable!

Our cats will sometimes have staring contests with us, but Kismet tends to break it with a meow or cocking her head. Mo just loses interest (very obviously, you can see in his face his interest fades.. I guess he thinks we're not so great to look at too long!) and looks away.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My soul kitty Grey (RIP) would stare at me and want attention.  I'd stare back at her, watch her respirations increase and get deeper, and finally she'd let out a loud meow and come running to me and flop over.  Too much attention was never enough with her.