Cat mad at me?

jreiger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im going to ask my vet of course, but she has never owned a cat so I figured, who else would know but the experts on here! Anyways Kay got spayed..blah blah blah (oh! for those who remember the bump post, its just fluid build up. A-okay now) and now she is starting to bite people really hard, drawing blood sometimes too...when she never even nibble that often?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Cats don't normally just get annoyed with us... there'll be another reason.

How long ago was she spayed?

I would take her to a vet that knows cats. That's always the first thing to check when cats who don't normally bite start doing it... It can be a response to pain or illness. 

Also just check whether things have changed for her.... her environment?  Food?  Litter?

It could also be redirected aggression.

Here's a good article:  http://www.thecatsite.com/a/cat-aggression-toward-people

She's unhappy for some reason and it's important to find out why for everyone's sake!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jreiger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She goes to the vet tomorrow. Ill ask then. That is the only thing that is different about her. She still eats and drinks the same amount, still as active as ever, still the lap kitty she was. Just every once in a while she just bites.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When was she spayed?

Aggressive biting can be a sign of illness. Cats are notorious for hiding pain, so while she may look "normal" to you, she may be hiding an illness. 

And no, your cat is not mad at you. She's just trying to tell you something, and we just need to figure out what.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jreiger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was spayed last Friday. I took her to the vet today, and (still waiting on more blood work), she was given the all clear. 

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

She was spayed last Friday. I took her to the vet today, and (still waiting on more blood work), she was given the all clear. 
My initial thought was that not everything went right with the spay, so she may be suffering from some leftover pain from the procedure. A second opinion may help if you can't find anything wrong.