Cat loves chewing cables

impossible cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has killed a lot 3 pairs of headphones and is working on my laptop cable I've tried everything to get her to stop
Hot sauce, vasalen bitter apple spray. My cat now tried to steal my spicy food and tries to rub her face with vasalen and the Apple spray doesn't bother her at all. I was thinking of wrapping all my cords with paracord. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Mingo went through five adapter cords and a USB cable. I got some Chewsafe from Cable Ties and More .com. It's slit plastic tubing you put around your cords.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of threads about cord chewing and how to prevent it:

http://www.thecatsite.com/newsearch?search=cord+chewing

Plastic tubing, like those for aqariums and the more expensive ones sold at office supply stores, work.

Bored cats will often chew on cords. Do you have lots of toys for your cat and play with her daily? is getting another cat an option? My Aby used to chew on cords until I adopted a second cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

impossible cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lots of threads about cord chewing and how to prevent it:

http://www.thecatsite.com/newsearch?search=cord+chewing

Plastic tubing, like those for aqariums and the more expensive ones sold at office supply stores, work.

Bored cats will often chew on cords. Do you have lots of toys for your cat and play with her daily? is getting another cat an option? My Aby used to chew on cords until I adopted a second cat.
a second is not an option at this time it was hard enough to convince my landlord for her. As for toys she has more than most children balls, mice, mice that squeak when they move, a turbo scratcher a tree/scratching posts with a hanging toy. She just like to chew I'm doing the paracord wrap with a chain of cobra knots and she has already tested it she couldn't get through it got board and climed her tree.

Last edited:

biologrady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mine likes the feel of any kind of wiring. Has gone through lots of chargers, earbuds, etc. and even electrocuted himself by chewing through the christmas lights on the tree. I haven't really found a good deterrent, except bundling any excess cord. He is attracted by single and dangling cords especially.