Cat Lovers Singles Dating Forum Idea........

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would love to meet a cat mom as I am a single cat dad. Wouldn't it be great to have a forum where singles could meet here with cats being a central connecting link? I just met a nice lady in town but she has 3 little yappy BARKing machines, that just won't work if we decide to pursue anything serious....... "cat connections" for the single cat folk! I'm in the Ca Bay area near San Francisco if there are 50ish cat moms nearby surfing for love.....ok just friends?:)

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to meet a cat mom as I am a single cat dad. Wouldn't it be great to have a forum where singles could meet here with cats being a central connecting link? I just met a nice lady in town but she has 3 little BARK machines, that just won't work if we decide to pursue anything serious....... "cat connections" for the single cat folk!
Like a "Catpeoplemeet" or "Catpeopleonly.com?"

That's a good idea. Other groups have them like Christian mingle or the Farmers only one. Why not?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes yes yes........I find cat people to have entirely different (in a better way to me) purrsonalities than dog folk....after all if they shout out dog commands and expect an immed. obedient response.....won't they be trying that on me soon?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yes yes yes........I find cat people to have entirely different (in a better way to me) purrsonalities than dog folk....after all if they shout out dog commands and expect an immed. obedient response.....won't they be trying that on me soon?
I agree 100%. If I met someone and found out they didn't like cats it's game over. Check please. :dancingblackcat::dancingblackcat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes yes yes........I find cat people to have entirely different (in a better way to me) purrsonalities than dog folk....
now I see yet another new forum category......
wedding/honeymoon pics/stories from those who met HERE!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cat lovers ONLY! This is what I know about people who "hate cats." EVERY ONE OF THEM I've met have control issues. That's why they don't like cats. I make allowances for allergies and phobias, neither or which can be helped, but I wouldn't date someone with those issues, either.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cat lovers ONLY! This is what I know about people who "hate cats." EVERY ONE OF THEM I've met have control issues. That's why they don't like cats. I make allowances for allergies and phobias, neither or which can be helped, but I wouldn't date someone with those issues, either.
Neither would I. Mom doesn't like cats because she says they are "sneaky". Thant made no sense to me when I was a kid and it makes no sense to me now. :rolleyes2:

Jwa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Neither would I. Mom doesn't like cats because she says they are "sneaky". Thant made no sense to me when I was a kid and it makes no sense to me now. :rolleyes2:
Omg..my older sister says the same thing...although after reading the above posts, I think it’s because she’s a control freak hahah

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
But what if you love them all? Cats, dogs, horses and even some snakes?
I agree, and don't forget rabbits, hamsters, turtles, etc. :bunny:

We have shared our home with many different species over the years. I am an equal opportunity animal lover. :biggrin:

Although i do agree if anyone ever said they disliked cats or the usual comments that go along with their "assumed" behavior, e.g. sneaky, independent, disobedient, etc. it would be a major turn off for me. :running:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm lucky because Rick is every bit as devoted to the kids as I am. I wouldn't even begin to consider a man who didn't like cats. Or had an allergy to cats. I'm simply not going there. My kids are too important.

Several years ago, I was at lunch talking with a woman I met at work and I mentioned the kids. She looked at me and said, "I don't understand this thing people have for cats." I didn't say a word; I got up from the table, gathered my stuff, and walked away. I don't even want to be friends with somebody who doesn't like cats. I don't know that I've said more than "Hello" to her since. I certainly wouldn't be interested in any man who didn't understand my love for the kids.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm lucky because Rick is every bit as devoted to the kids as I am. I wouldn't even begin to consider a man who didn't like cats. Or had an allergy to cats. I'm simply not going there. My kids are too important.

Several years ago, I was at lunch talking with a woman I met at work and I mentioned the kids. She looked at me and said, "I don't understand this thing people have for cats." I didn't say a word; I got up from the table, gathered my stuff, and walked away. I don't even want to be friends with somebody who doesn't like cats. I don't know that I've said more than "Hello" to her since. I certainly wouldn't be interested in any man who didn't understand my love for the kids.
Completely agree.
As I was reading this Samai was gently pawing my hand to get me to pet her.
Some people just don't get it.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The one closest to me is in Montreal, about an 8 hour train ride. I've never been but it would be a fun weekend thing but first I'd need a passport. The website said one is opening in Cleveland at some point in time.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That’s just rude! I don’t know why people think it’s okay to say things like that about something the other person is obviously passionate about. It’s just not good conversation etiquette. I actually think human kids are crazy overrated and pointless but I’m not going to say that to a person with human kids unless they ask me for my opinion.