Cat Lost! She Is A Declaw. How Do I Find Her?

CaraMcKeon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
FIRST OFF- I DID NOT DECLAW HER.
Hi everyone. My name is Cara and the woman up the hill from us tossed her 8 year old declaw out. Why? Because she lives in a studio and was "tired" of the poop smell being so overwhelming. She didn't want to scoop everytime she went...... This is according to her neighbor. It was clear she didnt want her back, so my daughter and I went searching. She found the kitty under a porch up the hill. We bring her in, gave her a flea bath, she was loving and slept all day. She pooped normal. I fed her the same thing we were told she eats, later that night diarrhea, so I took the box on the porch to clean it out, and she followed me. I accidentally tripped and scared her. She took off in the dark. I went in to put shoes on, we searched all night, and today, and no sign. All around here, in sheds, under porches, bushes, you name it. We even searched around the hill and all around were she had lived.

I am worried. this is a declawed cat. she may have been sick from going without food for approx 3 days. she drank out of our (clean) toilet 3 times in a row, quite a bit. I don't know if damage was done due to the lack of food, and water. and now, it has been another 36 hours since she has eaten again.

Please,if you have suggestions? We listed on craigs, my daughter made some posters, we've asked neighbors, checked the yards, under cars, shook cat food and called out.. nothing. She came right to my daughter when she found her yesterday, so I think we just havent found her location.. I think she may come out if we did...
And yes, we reported the idiot for tossing her.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful that she remembered where you lived and came back! What brand of food is she eating? Do you think the food caused the diarrhea or drinking out of the toilet? I would be worried that the toilet could have germs or cleaning chemicals in it. Let us know how it goes and please post a picture of her if you can.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh happy news she is back! Thank you for caring for her. Do share her name and photos! Hope you get the food issue sorted out.