Cat Loose Stools... should I worry about it?

nicolemm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today as I came home I noticed, my 5yrs old cat passed a soft stool, that was somewhat smelly. For now it is a "one time" thing, and she appears to have a healthy appetite and is still drinking the usual amount of water, nothing about her behaviour is out of the usual either.
I love my cat to pieces, and I tend to get really worried when I believe her well being is being compromised. I want to know if I should get worried over a soft stool, and if it is something that deserves attention. I tried asking google about it, as one does, but it only worsens my state of mind. Please help.

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Today as I came home I noticed, my 5yrs old cat passed a soft stool, that was somewhat smelly. For now it is a "one time" thing, and she appears to have a healthy appetite and is still drinking the usual amount of water, nothing about her behaviour is out of the usual either.
I love my cat to pieces, and I tend to get really worried when I believe her well being is being compromised. I want to know if I should get worried over a soft stool, and if it is something that deserves attention. I tried asking google about it, as one does, but it only worsens my state of mind. Please help.
I would watch and wait.  One instance of soft stool is not serious.  If it continues be prepared to see a vet and to bring a sample.  Have you changed foods or does she go outside?