Cat Logic

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My cats really like to hang out on the top of the bookcase. I've put a few cat beds up there for them to make it a bit more comfortable.

Group57.jpg

The thing is these beds are so popular that we often get two or three cats trying to cram themselves into one bed.
Group62.jpg
NewKittens193.jpg

So I decided to make a bigger bed for them so that they could all snuggle up together comfortably.

And then this happened.

Group73.jpg

Two cats in each of the small beds. One cat all on his own in the big bed.

:doh::doh2::frustrated:

There's only one explanation; Cat Logic.

Anyone else have examples of Cat Logic they'd like to share? Please post them here.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats really like to hang out on the top of the bookcase. I've put a few cat beds up there for them to make it a bit more comfortable.

View attachment 275851
The thing is these beds are so popular that we often get two or three cats trying to cram themselves into one bed.
View attachment 275852 View attachment 275854
So I decided to make a bigger bed for them so that they could all snuggle up together comfortably.

And then this happened.

View attachment 275856
Two cats in each of the small beds. One cat all on his own in the big bed.

:doh::doh2::frustrated:

There's only one explanation; Cat Logic.

Anyone else have examples of Cat Logic they'd like to share? Please post them here.
Thanks for sharing, that was really cute.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat logic........ my wife just turned on the kitchen tap....greg was "frightened" and ran away from his expensive human grade chicken breast breakfast that he was in the middle of eating.

Hes never been hit, yelled at or abused. 20 lbs of teeth, claws and muscle. He loves my wife, has lived with us for 4 years and still runs away at the slightest noise....sometimes.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have one of those mechanical toys that is like a round blanket with an arm underneath that moves around with a toy on the end. You turn it on by hitting a button on the top.
Last night Keith and Buddy were playing and while wrestling one of them managed to turn it on. Keith jumped a foot in the air and then stared at it, completely perplexed. He kept looking at the toy and then at me sitting on the couch on the other side of the room. Apparently he thinks I'm the only thing that can make the toy move and since it wasn't me, he had witnessed something miraculous!
He wouldn't play with it either. Instead he hopped on the couch with me. So I walked over and turned it off. He stared at it. I turned it back on. Then he played with it!:lol:

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wish I had a pic or video, but Juniper has decided lately that any food that's given to her as a treat rather than at a regular mealtime needs to be hunted before it can be eaten. Sometimes this is OK, but at other times, it can mean that by the time she's done 'killing' her piece of lunchmeat, it's too dried up and dusty to eat.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
K Kflowers , if only! While I'm a firm believer in the 5-second rule, Miss Juniper has higher standards. We feed her baby food with her kibble, and if she doesn't eat it right away and it gets too dry, she won't eat it at all. Ditto if it isn't dolloped just right on top of the dry food and gets too mixed in with the kibble. But of course, she also doesn't like it on a separate plate. Because it's food, and it goes in the food bowl!

Yes, my cat has trained me well. :happycat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
"No. You're not! You left most of the plate. Here let me move this plate to one of your other feeding locations."
That works really well with water bowls too. If ever I refill a bowl and put the water in a slightly different spot they're all like,

"Oh look! A fresh spring, it's a miracle!" laplaplaplaplap

any food that's given to her as a treat rather than at a regular mealtime needs to be hunted before it can be eaten.
One of the first feral cats I brought in used to love tiny dried sardines. We used to have to flick them across the wooden floor for her to hunt.

When one of ours caught his first mouse, he put it in his food bowl.
Hiro put one in the food cupboard. :cringe:

Hiro'smouse1.jpg

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haven't seen a mouse in years. We do have 8 cats so any mouse coming into the house would be suicidal!