Cat littler help

belovedkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hellow around here there is only true value(do they have cat litter?)wal mart what is the most natural thing I can buy?

Also I confess in the past I would just feed cat food but now am wanting use butcher meat scraps an left over food...any good threads on his an litter?

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Litter I'm not much help, but as far as feeding scraps from the butcher please check out the raw and home-cooked forum here. Loads of info on how to properly balance the diet since meat alone will lead to health problems.

Welcome!

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Walmart has some decent litters.  Ours carries Arm and Hammer, although I have a hard time finding the unscented type my cats prefer.

I have no idea if True Value has litter.  As a hardware store, I wouldn't think so.

dalebateman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

Not exactly on topic for your question, but I thought you might want to know a good way to transition from one brand to another:

"Cats love routine. They don't take kindly to sudden changes - and their particularly disturbed by sudden changes to their litter-box routine. When you need to introduce them to a new litter , the best thing to do is go slowly.

Start by mixing 3/4 of the old litter with 1/4 of the new. After a few days, clean the box again and re-fill it with 1/2 old litter and 1/2 new litter. Leave this for about 5 to 6 days.

Clean the box out again. This time mix 3/4 new litter with 1/4 old. That should do it. By the next time you clean and change out the box, you should be able to fill it with 100% of the new litter.

Hope this helps!

dalebateman