cat litter making my kitten sick?

ankitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I adopted a 8 wks kitten, he had chronic diarrhea. What worked was Proviable. Have you tried any probiotics yet?

sarah ann

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Coccidia is another possibility as it doesn't always show up on fecals. I would give three to five days worth of Fenbendazole in case it is worms or giardia. If that doesn't help it could still be a food intolerance or coccidia. Or it could be viral.

grrr cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When my little one was 8-10 weeks old she had diarrhea.

I added and removed items or food in an attempt to isolate the diarrhea; it became clear it was the kitty litter..

I removed the litter, and the diarrhea was gone.

I did let her use the litter  again in case it was something else that  caused the tummy bug.  She got diarrhea again.

I use corn litter now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xenabean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aw. You're so nice for checking on him! :) its day two of medicine for him. Not change in stools yet but he's still active and eating. Hoping this medicine works soon!

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw. You're so nice for checking on him!
its day two of medicine for him. Not change in stools yet but he's still active and eating. Hoping this medicine works soon!
Yeah , it is only day two . I am sure it will start to work soon .. At least he is still feeling good . That is a good sign .. 

xenabean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I adopted a 8 wks kitten, he had chronic diarrhea. What worked was Proviable. Have you tried any probiotics yet?
I have not tried probiotics yet. If the medicine he's on doesn't work then i will mention it to my vet at his apt next week.

xenabean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah , it is only day two . I am sure it will start to work soon .. At least he is still feeling good . That is a good sign .. 
[/quote
Yes! He's been feeling good the whole time I've had him which has only been a week but it feels like so much longer. Lol