Cat limping wound

aaliyanaayn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Any ideas on what this could be? Noticed it today but my cat has a white wound on her back leg that seems like it had pus before. I had been at my dads recently with my mom taking care of my cat (pregnant female) when she told me about the limping and she hasn’t been eating recently either. What should I do?? It doesn’t seem like much but considering she’s pregnant I don’t want anything to happen to her.

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Is your cat an outdoor or indoor cat? The reason I asked is because she may have been wounded and limping if she goes outside. A pregnant cat usually has an increased appetite and should be eating more food, not less. Therefore, I would suggest contacting your vet both for the wound and her food intake. Please keep us posted on her progress. Good luck! :crossfingers:

Last edited:

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If there is a pustule, it's probably an abscess.

She either got in a fight with another cat or animal or else she, somehow, got injured and the wound became infected.

This is fairly common in cats that are allowed to roam, especially if they aren't spayed or neutered.

Take the cat to a vet. They'll clean the wound and apply antiseptic. They'll likely give her a shot of penicillin and you'll get a bottle of pills to take home which she'll have to take once or twice per day for a week to ten days. If all goes well, your cat will be well again in a week or so.

We have a cat that just got an abscess from being in a fight. It's been two weeks since we got back from the vet and it's almost completely healed.

Thoughts and prayers be with you and your cat! 🙏

Sending get-well vibes! :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aaliyanaayn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yesterday I posted a few photos of my cats injury and was told it may be an abscess or ring worm. Today the wound seems to have gotten crusty and it blends in with her fur more. I was wondering if these were pictures will help determine anything else going on with her. I emailed / texted local vets about pricing but none have gotten back to me. The closest one to me is very expensive and unfortunately we don’t have much money after buying a house and a baby on the way. I’m now very concerned because yesterday she was bleeding and she keeps disappearing. She’s an indoor/outdoor cat and I’ve been told to keep her outside in case it is ringworm. These are photos of what her leg looks like today.unfortunately the photos aren’t the greatest since she won’t stay still. Any help on what to do? Is there any way I can take care of her at home? Trying my best to schedule something for her.

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's hard for me to tell if it's ringworm from the pics but I thought this TCS Article would give you some good advice and helpful information: How to Deal with Ringworm in Cats [Inc. the Housecleaning Regime] - TheCatSite

Whether or not it is ringworm you really need to bring her to a vet for a definitive diagnosis and treatment especially since she is pregnant. Leaving her outside because someone told you to is not going to clear it up or help her and will only stress her out more. You could quarantine her in a room if that would help along with her litter box, food, water and toys.

I understand your financial concerns and this article may have some suggestions and advice for you:
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life - TheCatSite
Hopefully the vet's office can work out some type of payment plan that will fit your immediate needs.