Cat Limping AFTER Vet visit for wound debridement

amandafl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Loo was injured late Friday night - early Saturday morning - I found a large open wound on his leg when he came in.  I don't think it was a puncture because there was only one hole however I got him into the Vet on Saturday.  She cleaned the wound and left it open to drain.  He got an antibiotic shot, anti-inflammatory shot, pain shot, cream to put in the wound for the next week and 3 days of pain pills. 

His follow up visit is Saturday but I'm worried because he's limping on the injured leg.  Is this normal?  The wound appears to be slowly healing and there is no sign of infection.  I'm just worried about the limping.  It is painful to touch for him so I'm guessing he's quite bruised - either from the injury or possible the debridement.  Any comments are appreciated!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know for a fact if it is normal or not but it does seem reasonable that the leg would still be tender after what your poor kitty has been through.  Why don't you call the vet and ask him or her?  That way you'll know if you need to bring your cat in before Saturday.