Cat Licking Everything Possible Anemia

kittygirl123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
I have an 8 year old tortie that has been licking curtains/paper/desks for a little bit like one of my other torties. I presumed she picked up the behavior from her to get my attention as it does work... but in the past few days she is licking many more objects and her gums are very very pale. Her weight also seems down, a bit narrower at the kidneys. Very very active and playful but also seems off her food as of today but will eat treats.
Her vet is away until Tues. but again she is active, drinking and taking lots of treats I am just worried if it is life threatening. The licking of objects has been going on for a while, I feel terrible if I overlooked something else. Thank you

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Since she is 8, she is skating on the edge of senior-hood. Are there other vets in your vet's practice? If so, they could at least do a full spectrum of blood work (CBC and Chemistry Profile), and see if anything shows up, while you wait for your vet to return.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittygirl123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I may have her seen tomorrow if I can get out of an appt. I agree I would feel better and she may as well. I am not sure if it needs rushing but the pale gums is concerning. She's a tortie so there are dark spots in places too. Never noticed that.