Cat licking all types of plastic?

theterribleduo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Reese is licking lots of plastic,different types and textures,does she like the feel of it against her tongue? is this a vitamin deficiency or something that her body is trying to tell me about by having her do this? weird...

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really have no idea. Sheba is a baggie licker. Then she carefully bites the baggie above the zipper. I can see her listening to it pop when her teeth go through. Kinda like popping bubble wrap. I have read something about the possibility that there is something in the plastic they like. Or maybe they just like the texture on their tongues.

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat Mandie has a plastic fetish too. Only soft like wraps, baggies, grocery bags, etc. She eats it so I have to be careful to put it away. Someone told me it's the petroleum in it that she likes. She actually swallows it so please be careful. She has thrown up plastic and pooped it out.

Last edited:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sheba never eats it, just licks and bites. I have seen her go to three different types, and only bite the Great Value baggies, and then only above the zipper where it is ribbed.