Cat licked moutwash

Ksbluee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I poured an entire bottle of mouthwash down the sink as it was expired, ran a little water to get rid of the smell, but it was still there. So my cat, who is just over 1, must have been enticed by the smell and started licking the sink. I think I'm being pretty paranoid here, but dont want to be too careful. Is there any chance he could have actually ingested anythjng/a harmful amount?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think he got enough of it to cause any harm. Just keep an eye on him and watch for vomiting or diarrhea.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What brand of mouthwash was it? Some brands contain xylitol, a sweetener that is toxic to pets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ksbluee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What brand of mouthwash was it? Some brands contain xylitol, a sweetener that is toxic to pets.
It was Corsodyl the fresh mint one. I didn't actually check for the ingredients because I don't know what I'm looking for, I'll be sure to have a look. Thank you

Ksbluee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't think he got enough of it to cause any harm. Just keep an eye on him and watch for vomiting or diarrhea.
I hope not, thanks for the reply. I'll watch him closely

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Google says it's a UK brand. Here's the ingredients:

Ingredients

Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Aroma, Methylparaben, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Propylparaben, Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Saccharin, Eugenol

Contains: Sodium Fluoride (250 ppm Flouride), Chlorhexidine Digluconate 0.06% w/v

Nothing in there that would cause anything more than a possible upset tummy. Do keep an eye on the cat for the next few days, though, just to be safe.

Ksbluee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah I'm from the UK. I did have a look at them, but like is said I had no clue wheat to look for, this helps a lot. He seems absolutely fine after a few hours, but I'll make sure he's not having any symptoms. Thank you so much