cat leaving a brown liquid

kflipproductions

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
10yo male, fixed

i just noticed several wet spots in my daughters play room. i'm not sure when it started. i initially thought it was urine, but it didnt have a very strong odor. more like a musty smell. he was getting in a toy box and marking? in different corners. yesterday, i cleaned the box and all the toys. now hes getting in a red plastic bucket and leaving this liquid. id clean the bucket and within a couple of minutes he'd have been back again, several times in an hour or two. i caught him on camera the moment we had left the house. no strange behavior, no obvious health issues, nothing seems out of the ordinary under his tail. any thoughts please? thanks!

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Given your cat's age, a vet visit is probably your best bet, as noted above by others. But the one thing you could do in advance of a vet visit is to collect this brown liquid and take it to the vet for analysis. Just check with them ahead of time to make sure they would accept it and test it without seeing the cat at the same time.

Collecting it should be easy if he continues to go in the red plastic bucket - just make sure you clean it well, so the sample is not contaminated.

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Get him to the vet, he may have some type of urinary tract infection and that can be very uncomfortable for him and dangerous if he has developed crystals in the bladder. Keep a really close eye on him and make sure he is always passing urine because if he has developed crystals that could prevent him from urinating and a blockage is a life threatening emergency situation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kflipproductions

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes hes peeing normally in the litter box. thanks everyone. yes maybe ill see if any vets will look at it first. keeping a close eye on him. he seems totally fine otherwise