Cat land on his side with a loud bam

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

I would like to seek for some advice about one of the stray cats that I'm feeding. While playing with him earlier on, I was going to carry him as usual and he tried to escape by jumping out of my hold. I tried to grab him again while he was jumping out of my hold and he landed on his left side with a loud bam. I didn't expect that as he always land on his feet. I think I caught him off guard too as he didn't expect that I'll try to grab hold of him while he's jumping in the midair 😢😢

He seems okay. Eating well, playing well and walking fine. The fall is less than 20cm. It's the loud bam that's scaring me. I tried touching his left side to see if it'll generate any pain but he doesn't seems to flinch, so I guess that's good news. But I'm still worried 😣 is there anything that I should watch out for?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
He seems okay. Eating well, playing well and walking fine. The fall is less than 20cm. It's the loud bam that's scaring me.
I think you don't have to worry that much. That fall does not sound dangerous to him. Guess he landed flat on the side and that's why the sound is louder than usual as it is like a flat object falling falling.

My boy struggle sometimes to get away from me carrying him and he lands on his side with a loud thud too and he's ok.

Just keep an eye on the cat and observe. If he's eating and doing his other stuffs normally for the next few days, he should be ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think you don't have to worry that much. That fall does not sound dangerous to him. Guess he landed flat on the side and that's why the sound is louder than usual as it is like a flat object falling falling.

My boy struggle sometimes to get away from me carrying him and he lands on his side with a loud thud too and he's ok.

Just keep an eye on the cat and observe. If he's eating and doing his other stuffs normally for the next few days, he should be ok.
I think he landed flat on the side. I was so worried that the landing would hurt his rib or etc. He seems to be okay. Will check on him again tomorrow morning during feeding time. Thanks for replying! 😊

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I think he landed flat on the side. I was so worried that the landing would hurt his rib or etc. He seems to be okay. Will check on him again tomorrow morning during feeding time. Thanks for replying! 😊
Yes, just keep tab on him.