Cat knocked water onto my LED TV

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just purchased a LCD TV not long ago and apparently one of my little angels climbed a shelf and knocked over water onto it. Anything I can do now? I haven't even paid it off. It's partly my fault, I was late for work and left a half of cup of water on a high shelf... Number one, I didn't think they could get on that shelf and number two, I cannot fathom how the water could have went the way of the TV! There is another way it could have gotten wet, but I would be so angry if they actually went on the dang thing!
Now there's line right through my picture. Can I still use it and will it ever dry and be normal again? Or did I just waste over $300.00?

Ugh, I should've stayed home from work today.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that if your cell phone gets wet, you have to take the battery out and put it in a box with dry rice, to suck the moisture out. Presumably your TV is too big for that.....

I'd unplug it and let it dry out for a few days. Maybe run a dehumidifer near it. It might be too late to do anything, but not using it until it's totally dry is the best.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would shine a lamp on it, or use a hair dryer. If you put the lamp on it, leave it on overnight, not so close to melt it, but close enough to keep it warm.