Cat jumping fence

catmum22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so maple my beautiful girl after months of being on a lead at the start then a runner to train her to stay in the court yard she learn and was doing so well still jumped the fence sometimes now she's doing it more often, I usually give her a smack and put her inside then she has to stay there, my other cat trinity has learnt the rules/scared of going past fence line, as maple jumping has gotten worse I have tried letting trinity outside and not maple after she jumped the fence yesterday and day before, I need help what can I do I'm moving soon so don't want to put a roofing up , do I just put her back on the run /lead attached to harness for outside time

Last edited:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You will either need to keep her inside full time or when she is outside she will need to be supervised.  I have used a pet tent that my cat enjoys.  Yet, you cannot leave the cat unattended.  This is just to get some fresh air and to enjoy being outside with you.  Here is an example

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmum22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is always supervised she's just fast lol I make her not get to close to the fence then next minute she ran and over it but will look at that thread, unfortunately it doesn't post to me, but is it wrong to put her on a lead or to leave her inside why trinity goes outside, I sit outside with then the whole time

Last edited: