Cat Jumped And Fell? Does It Sound Like He Needs To Go To The Vet?

iheartlife

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat was standing on my stand for the cable box/DVR and jumped off. The Cable box slid out from under him so he kind of slipped more than jumped. He was aiming for the hope chest about 2 feet (maybe 2.5 feet at the very most) below. He landed on the edge of it on his side and fell The other 1.5-2 feet to the floor. He didn't cry out or lump away or dart away like anything was wrong but it does have sharp edges so I'm kind of worried. His ribs feel okay and he didn't put up any more protest than usual when I was poking him (no growling or hissing or meowing). He did try to bite at me after I poked at him for a few minutes but that's nothing unusual (he's a habitual biter and he was flicking his tail in warning so I figured a bite was coming my way). He has since walked around at his normal speed, played with a cat toy when prompted (one of the dangly ones on a string where he was reaching up for it, standing on his back legs, and occasionally jumping), and is now curled up in a hard chair on the same side he fell on cleaning his paws.

Based on what I'm seeing, I am assuming he's okay at this time. Does he sound fine to you or should I take him to the vet tomorrow to be safe?

What signs should I watch out for that would mean he definitely need to go to the vet?