Cat it Water Fountain

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Its actually the exact same just all the stuff for dogs is red and all the stuff for cats is blue.

My CatIt just died so I am looking for something else - 2 in a year is a little too expensive
same size eh? I guess you don't get one of those if you have a great dane!
Did your motor blow or something? I've heard they stand up better than the petmate (what we have) because not as much hair gets stuck in the fliter.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first one the motor went on - they loved it so I bought a second one but wrote and complained to Hagen and they refunded my money. This one we have had quite a few problems with, the water doesn't run down it properly, it makes a lot of noise compared to the old one and sometimes the bowl overflows. I clean it all the time so despite the store telling me 'oh you just need to clean it' I have given up.

We went out looking for a different brand last night but the petmate looks too small and we couldn't find a drinkwell. We seen a big dog drinkwell so we are thinking of getting that (with 4 cats they drink enough water) and it might save my bathtub from the drip drip monster who has found out he knows how to turn the taps!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
icklemiss21-That's dissapointing to hear that you've been through 2 in 1 year.
I have high hopes for mine, however, I'm yet to see Pushy drinking from it.
Wiggies really loves it though.
I've been filling mine up each day at the base in order for it not to run noisily. I hope that doesn't mean the motor isn't good.
I've also been using distilled water only, so I figure there's less work for the filter to do and the water should be really clean.

lizch6699

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just bought one and mine also started only one stream and drained all over the floor. I found out that I hadn't screwed the handle on evenly and it was changing the direction of the water flow.

blueyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My boy, Diego, is mesmerized by the dripping bath tap and likes to drink from it. I decided to give the fountain a go. I bought one today and ofcoarse the first one to go over and have a drink was the dog..hehe
Anyhoo, the kitten discovered it soon enough he was drinking from it as well. Mine was not spilling evenly over the globe either but after rubbing it with my hand it became an even flow all the way around.
for anyone interested the larger one with the extra water reservoir and food dish attachment is on sale at Superpet for $29.99

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalsmum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone find these a bit of a pain to clean ect?

Ive had mine a few months now and fill it up at the base rather than through the valve that it tells you to, the flow is finew when you do this.
However, im forever cleaning it as my cat seems to flick his food into it all the time, so the filters dont last long.And they cost a fortune to replace if you need one a week its over £5 a month, added onto food and evrything it works out fairly expensive.
Im wondering whether to sell it and go back to using a bowl.He does like to drink from the fountain part though, but doesnt bother with the bowl, so i would feel awfull getting rid if he doesnt drink as much.
Unsure what to do? And it quite space consuming........