Cat isn't eating, very lethargic, etc.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you are going through this, but just want to re-emphasize the importance of making sure he gets his normal daily amount of food syringe fed.  If he normally eats 5.5oz of food that is what you need to syringe feed.  I went 36 hours without eating on my boy before I started syringe feeding him.  Fatty liver is a real risk and I have seen it in cats who don't eat their normal amounts in as little as 48 hours. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

secludedchic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He still hasn't eaten on his own. He did play for a good bit earlier, and as soon as he woke up from his nap I hand fed him 2 good size pieces of scrambled egg, 4 fingerfulls of chicken baby food, and 1 fingerfull of ham baby food. That's the most he's voluntarily taken from me all week!

Edit: Now he just went to his food bowl and ate about 5 mouth fulls of kibble.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Good to hear he's showing a little more interest in food and there is some variety in there.  Also that he is playing a little.  See if you can keep him taking little and often, but if he is still not taking much please look to top up with assisted feeding to keep his weight up, and make sure he is hydrated too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

secludedchic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would like to thank everyone here for the support and advice you all have given me, it has definitely been a scary week! Thankfully today Spock has eaten enough all on his own, and hopefully will continue to do so! 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I am very happy and relieved for you.  I hope Spock stays well, and also that he doesn't eat anything else he isn't meant to!  Thank you for taking time to give us an update.