Cat is scared to get out of my room

-Winter-

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Recently my cat got attacked by my dad's cat (both female and my dad's had baby not long ago). We decided to keep them separated mine stays in the basement with me but since the attack she is scared to get out of my room and dont want her to be confined in one small room. I tried to put her out close and blocked my door since you can open it just by pushing it but earing her scratch on it makes me sad. I have no clue how to make her feel same again.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm sorry your cat was attacked by your dad's cat. Do you think his cat was just being protective since she recently had kittens? How did they get along before? I would not encourage her to leave your room right now. Obviously she is fearful and it's important that she has a safe, quiet place to call her own. Be patient and when the time is right you may want to try reintroducing the two cats. Here are some Articles with helpful tips and information on that subject;
How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction - TheCatSite
Introducing Cats To Cats - TheCatSite
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide - TheCatSite

Best of luck, I hope the two cats eventually become friends but please keep in mind some cats prefer their own space. :alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-Winter-

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh wow very helpful thank you very much!

do you think putting both of them in separate cage at a reasonable distance to make them used to see each other to much stress on them?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Personally I wouldn't put each of them in a separate cage. Some members have had better luck with letting them sniff and see one another when they are separated by a screen door or tall gate. Look at the picture in the third Article I mentioned above and scroll down to #2, Visual Desensitization. It will give you a better idea of what I'm trying to explain.
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide - TheCatSite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-Winter-

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yeah i see thank you a lot i will let thing cool down a little bit before i start slowly to introduce them to each other!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here's some other resources too. Make sure to go really slow with reintroducing them.

Play with your cat lots in the meantime to build her confidence back up!