Cat is neutered and still sprays?

xgalaxycatx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My male cat is 6 years old and we had him neutered when he was about 6 months old. Unfortunately, he has never stopped marking in our house and now it is getting excessive. Is there anything that could help him be more comfortable or relaxed so he wouldn't spray everything? We thought about trying Feliway diffusers but they are pretty expensive. Also, is there any chance the vet may not have done a thorough job when neutering him? Thanks!

meshmesh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is not really a reply to the problem, but an addition since my older male cat, Simsim, gets aggressive with the female and they're both sterilized. I, too, am wondering if the vet didn't do a good job. A couple of other vets I posed this question to said it is a pretty simple procedure in the case of male cats. 

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I think starting with Feliway diffusers is a great idea. Do you happen to know what his triggers are? Are there other cats in the house or strays/ferals outside? Does he mark in certain areas? Do you see him actually spraying or is he urinating in certain areas? Has he ever had a urinalysis done?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xgalaxycatx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think starting with Feliway diffusers is a great idea. Do you happen to know what his triggers are? Are there other cats in the house or strays/ferals outside? Does he mark in certain areas? Do you see him actually spraying or is he urinating in certain areas? Has he ever had a urinalysis done?
Well there is one cat that comes to our door very often that really upsets him but we can't make the cat leave because it is a stray and he is very malnourished (we feed him when he comes). I have seen him spray yes, and it's never usually in one particular spot.