Cat is meowing while in heat, what can do to help her stop??

madmanmib

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is in heat and is meowing all the time and driving me nuts. I love her but it is really annoying. Is there anything I can do to help calm her down enough to stop until she is out of heat? Also, I need to and want to get her spayed as it is the right thing to do and is best for her also so that she won't have to worry about going in heat anymore. I had gotten laid off my job which was allot better money where I am working now and do not have the money to spare to get her fixed. Does anybody have any ideas on where I should look to for help in this area because I really want to do the right thing and now lack the funds to do so? It kills me to see her when she goes in heat and work hard to keep her inside the house at all times until she is fixed. It is getting harder to keep her inside because she wants out so bad. Please help; any advice will be greatly appreciated.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people find that confining a cat in heat to a dark room helps. And you could try Feliway spray or rescue remedy which contain calming pheremones. But of course the only thing that will really do the trick is getting her spayed! And please do everything you can to keep her in or you will have a lot more potentially expensive trouble on your hands.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid I don't have any answer for you in regards to getting her to feel more comfortable or to stop meowing - that is just all part of being in heat.

If you take a look at this thread you might be able to find a low cost spay/neuter near to you.