Young Cat
Purraise
I figured it out!! hope you got it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharonazar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm considering today a miracle because Miss Sunday actually came up the stairs, used her litter pan which meant she ate and drank! she went underneath my bed which I think is good for her to watch and hear the goings on of the main part of the apt. ..she seemed to enjoy my petting and talking to her!! I am so grateful..and thank you for your words of support and inspiration!

sharonazar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes! I did baby food..she just licked it a little, but I consider that a plus!

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't remember if this was mentionned but try petting her, full body, head to end of tail, when you put down a tiny bit of food for her to eat.  The petting stimulates appetite somehow.  I have used this many times on my own cats, I don't know if your need to have an established relationship with the cat for it to wwork.    I also find it's better to present tiny bits of food and feed more often.  LIke us, catss and dogss may find a full size plate of food overwhelminmg and offputting if they are not feeling well.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

yes! I did baby food..she just licked it a little, but I consider that a plus!
Hey @sharonazar  - A little is better than nothing.

I totally agree with @Piano Cat  - regarding the stimulation of petting while eating.

My dad who grew up on the farm, once told me, this act is true, and he said, it has to do with comfort.  A reminder of sorts, when the kittens/puppies are nursing, the mother usually grooms them during feeding time, and they associate the act of grooming with feeding time.

Perhaps Miss Sunday will get used to your touch.

I believe you mentioned a dog was going to be coming to live with you for a while, is that happening today.  Again, as long as she has a quiet clean box in your room where the dog can't get to her - she should be okay.  Also, I'm curious if you spoke to the journalist yet, to let them know you want to keep her in your care.  I personally think that's for the best, especially with the smoking.  That is as long as it works for you of course.

Thinking of you both on this Monday morning...  

sharonazar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you!!! I have Miss Sunday barricaded in my little tiny office space which I have made quite comfortable with rugs and blankets and a box...she's safe, drinking water and I can pet her a lot..and yes, Daisy (King Charles Spaniel) is here and so far no problem. Daisy cannot get over the barrier. Also, I have a neighbor whose dog loves Daisy and she has given me permission to bring Daisy over to her house so Miss Sunday doesn't have to worry...

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

thank you!!! I have Miss Sunday barricaded in my little tiny office space which I have made quite comfortable with rugs and blankets and a box...she's safe, drinking water and I can pet her a lot..and yes, Daisy (King Charles Spaniel) is here and so far no problem. Daisy cannot get over the barrier. Also, I have a neighbor whose dog loves Daisy and she has given me permission to bring Daisy over to her house so Miss Sunday doesn't have to worry...
Great, drinking water is a big deal for our sweet gal.

I'm so pleased everything is working out for Miss Sunday.

Keep us posted... 

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You never know, a little bit of perceived competition from the dog for food might stimulate more eating too.  It's natural for animals to think the other is going to want what they have (because they do) and eat maybe just a bit more.  My own old girl is eating a bit better, I think, because the feral/stray, Joey, is coming in at night now.  She is also playing a bit more which I think is a bit of competition for my attention but it's good for her.