Cat is biting me on my neck

zellie1021

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Ellie is one year old. She is not usually affectionate with many people other than me, BUT she is not a mean or picky cat at all. In fact she does like to be petted, but I've just noticed that she only snuggles with me. For the past couple of months I've noticed in the early morning time she will nuzzle up in my neck when she is sleeping and bite my neck. After she bites she will start licking me. She isn't getting up or moving, she just lays there snuggled up biting me. I can usually get her to stop if I blow on her face a little bit or pet her. Do you think she is just seeking attention? Do you think she wants me to wake up? Is this normal? lol it's so weird. She has ALWAYS slept nuzzled up in my chest/neck, but never really started biting until recently. She also has to be touching my face when she does this. She puts her little paw on my face and it almost feels like she is kneading me. That honestly doesn't bother me as much as the biting. The little paw thing is super cute actually. Lol. The biting doesn't necessarily hurt; I don't feel like she is doing it in a mean way, but sometimes it definitely bothers me. Has anyone ever experienced this? I have another cat and he does not do anything like this at all lol so I was just curious.

hpizzle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat does this. At first I thought he was trying to nibble at my necklace but he's nibbling at my neck instead. No idea why. I also blow in his face or push him back. I think he's just showing affection in the early morning. He's typically not very affectionate, but in the mornings he super cuddly and cute and I think the nibbling is part of his routine. 

jeremys13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I read this is a way that cats show affection is by nibbling my cat does it to my nose and fingers but it is usually accompanied with a purr

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zellie1021

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I assumed it was possibly affection. Thanks for the replies. It's just so weird as to why she started this all of a sudden. I thought that maybe she was hungry in the mornings and was trying to wake me up. But she just lays there so I guess she just wants snuggles and to give "love bites" haha.

catlover28

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat one year old cat finnick he nips or bits me one my ankle or foot when I want to sleep

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zellie1021

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
sometimes I am not expecting it and she will get my chin and sometimes it hurts. I'm just like "Ellie Mae that is enough!" Lol