Cat is atleast 64 days gestation with temp of 99.6, kittens soon?

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Only goats milk...any form of cows milk is bad for kittens. This happened last night witg my kitty...sadly most runts just dont make it. Its most likely something that has happened during his development. And now im going to tell you something many otherz on here told me, it is not your faukt. Some kits are just doomed from the beginning. Mine almost sounded wheezey...possibly fluid in the lungs. Eventually i took her from the momma and cuddled her till her last breath. And i named her...lucky. we are dealing with the same circumstance and i can tell you even my vet said these things happen, some are just destined to be here for only a few days. My runt lucky did bad the first day, started doing good and latching the second and then the third day it just blew up and i lost him. Same situation as your. This isnt your fault. Grieve but remember there really wasnt anything yu could do...mine wouldnt even take the bottle or syringe anyway. There is literally nothing you can do. I know you prob feel helpless, i dont know how to fix that but i do know he'll be in a better place. And now he'll get to be in kitty heaven with my little angel! Im so sorry

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pixiecat1979

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you lala....I do feel helpless. I decided to just leave him in God's hands. That's all I can do at this point. Pixie is really trying with him today, but it just doesn't look good. His temp isn't even coming up with him on the heating pad and blankets.

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your doing your best. Just keep him happy and warm. My momma roxy ended up moving all the kittens when i took away lucky. To a laundry basket!!! Im a little mad but she refuses to let me move em back!!so be prepared for that

pixiecat1979

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I thought about that. I hope she doesn't move them.

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well might as well prepare for it. Mine went in a laundry basket. And when i think now she had.scoped it out and hopped in there prior to moving them so be aware of that, notice if she seems to be looking at diff places...and take out anything you think will not be suitable but she might feel is. If ypu can, make her some other boxes so she can hide. Block off underneath dressers or behind furniture. Its too hard to monitor kittens like that...

pixiecat1979

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So far she still has them in the nesting box. However, I did end up having to take the runt away. She kept pushing him into the corner and covering him with a blanket. I looked up a formula recipe online that I am using. It may not be what's best for him, but it's the best I can do. I also have him in a basket on a heating pad. He won't eat if you try to use a dropper, but he will suck it off your finger. I seriously doubt that he will make it, but I'm trying.

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can get cats milk and a kitten bottle at walmart...i got it tonight incase i need it when kc has her babies..its realy cheap!!

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My sis used it for a kitten and he lived!! just remember to clean his bottom..

pixiecat1979

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My nearest Walmart is an hour away. I live in the country. We don't have anything nearby where we could get anything like that. We have a couple of convenient stores, grocery stores, and hardware stores, but that's about it. I know I should've gotten it before it happened now.

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can get it at most grocery stores in pet food department its very common..the bottle you should find in a drug store or hardware store that has like horse supplys or at a vets..u could use a dropper or small suringe but they can get air realy easy from them u have to be very careful..

pixiecat1979

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He didn't make it through the night. He seemed to be ok, but all of a sudden he was gone.