Cat introduction one with a big cage and one without

Nadoori

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have an aggressive cat Leo neutered 4 years old, before neutering he fights viciously ( Fur flying ) with my other male cats I usually let him stay with me whenever he is alone, but unfortunately I don’t have much space to keep him away from other cats all the time, so I bought a big cage enough to put a litterbox, food, water to get him to stay whenever I’m sleeping while other cats are around him in the same room. he doesn’t mind staying with kittens but he does mind if there is a male cat ( Smokey 1 years old ) even though he also is neutered, whenever smoky gets near the cage, Leo just paws at him looking to bite him, hit him. Smokey just backs off. So I’m looking to get Leo live peacefully with his neutered cats, I also have another neutered cat

Leo also doesn’t mind female cats

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He feels threatened by males and since he is neutered it may be more a territorial thing than male dominance now. Since Smokey is only one year old, it may be that it is just a matter of time, and I mean many months of time before he gets used to him. They have to be made to feel as they are all a part of a colony, a family, and that takes time and effort. I feel you are doing good to keep him in a cage, where he can still interact with the others through sight and smell. Now you have to work on bonding. Try to feed them all as close together as you can, and keep moving them closer to him as he gets used to it. Food time brings on good feelings. Drop a treat and talk encouraging to him when he just observes them and doesn't rush the bars. If you do eventually let him interact, make sure he has a place to go to escape and just observe, so he doen't feel threatened,like up high, or for them to escape to. it took my clan over a year to accept each other. Remember too, that swatting, hissing , growling are all normal behaviors in a cat family. biting and scratching that draw blood are not. Exchange blanketrs too. Especially the male cats, so he gets more used to their smell. Slow and easy is the way to go here, don't try to rush andy part of introductions. Go through back posts on teh cat behavior forum and see what others have had success with, you are definitely not alone in your problem and it CAN be resolved. Bless you for trying......

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't give you any better suggestions that di and bob di and bob already did. I will only repeat, YOU CAN NOT RUSH THIS! You can only go as fast as the most reluctant cats wants to go. If it takes months, it takes months. But it can be done.