howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friday -- yes
Kit -- yes
Hemmy -- yes
Seti -- yes

The first three cats listed react in a fairly normal fashion. They smell it, eat it, roll around on it and act like they're trying to rub it on their heads. After about 20 minutes they snap out of it. Oh, they tend to be a bit wilder than normal in their play when "on the nip" as we call it and may bite harder than usual.

Seti is a complete and total addict. If he so much as sees me with the container he runs to me and begs for it. He does the same things the others do but seems to enjoy it more. Of course, he is two and the other cats are 5 to 7 years older.

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sunny has never liked catnip - - UNTIL we brought home his chipmunk friend that is stuffed with some crazy catnip. He zoomed around the room with it in his mouth. This is the very first time he's actually liked anything with catnip in it. He still plays with his chipmunk though the magic of the catnip is nearly gone (the smell is getting weak apparently)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cherry1411

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

My Zane is indifferent to catnip.

Does anyone know if big cats react to it? I'd like to watch (from a save distance) a tiger or a panther on a catnip jag.
ive looked though tons of journals to find the answer is that yep big cats do, mainly lions than tigers but the bobcat has no reaction at all to it. i wanted to go to the zoo and actually test it.

im adding up everything now and should have results done by next week
thanks everyone for helping me out

tigger_2801

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Probably a bit late, but I enjoyed reading the others (particularly the one that peed on the floor!)

De isn't really interested in actual cat nip but plays more with toys that have it.
Jasper will do ANYTHING to get at cat nip, and always finds it even though we go to extraordinary lengths to keep it out of reach (we've had to rescue him from some insane places that I couldn't even guess how he got to). He didn't react at all until about 6 months (which I've heard is true for a lot of cats) but seems to love the stuff now. His pupils go all wide and he rolls around in it although tonight is the first time I've actually seen him eat any of it (this is dry and quite old though, so maybe that makes a difference).

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dusty - LOVES IT - dry and out of a pot
Mickey - LOVES IT - dry and out of a pot
Scaredy - LOVES DRY - hasn't had any green out of a pot yet