Super Cat
Purraise
The black and white is actually more like her as it dries

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So how many are there now, and how are mom and babies doing?

Is everyone latched?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So far she has had 4. She had the Third a little after two and I had to go to bed. I didn't notice the fourth until I changed bedding they were lined with her foot and blended in.

She was really nervous while I was changing the bedding and acted like she's still laboring. But she settled down when I offered her her food. I left the room to give her some time alone with them.

Attachments

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When can I move them to the room I intended for her to birth in. There is a lot less traffic in there and less chance of her freaking out. Plus she will have a few places to move them around to safely.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, let's hope 4 is it! The kittens look healthy! :redheartpump:

A dish of KMR helps her calcium level, though she may not want it right now if she ate 4 placentas.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww, let's hope 4 is it! The kittens look healthy! :redheartpump:

A dish of KMR helps her calcium level, though she may not want it right now if she ate 4 placentas.
Do you know when I can safely move them

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Anytime now. Mom may not be happy about it, but she should settle back down afterwards.

Where are you moving them?

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In my daughters room she doesn't sleep in there so she will have privacy.

I just checked on her and she seems to still be in labor. She is pantyand purring.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay, just move her later today then.

If it's not labor, it may be after pains, which resemble labor. The dish of KMR helps with panting.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is done I believe. I have her moved. How do I get her to eat hard food. All she will eat is wet and the supply is low.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try soaking it in KMR. She may go for that.

Will the rescue supply you with more wet food?

Are she and 4 babies doing well?

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The four are doing fine. The rescue want to move her to another home. I am concerned about that but what can I do? How stressed will she get doing it?

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
What is their reasoning behind wanting to move her? It would seem unnecessary to stress her at this time since she is doing well with you and her environment.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In March I had joined a Facebook cat group. It was a networking place for rescues and fosters. I thought I met some really nice people. Well I got two bottle babies and was feeding them.

I was losing them so I found a nursing mom. The people that had her had sold her kittens and was putting her out.

While trying to get this cat my bottle babies died. But she was still lactating so I posted and asked anyone if they needed her to nurse.

Meanwhile

Nalah was originally my neighbors cat. On April 4th they put her out because we had an inspection and they didn't want caught. Over the next few weeks she kept coming in my house.

The end of April during that really cold snap I discovered she was pregnant. I talked to my neighbors and they said they didn't want her any more. So she started staying with me.

I had also posted about her and asked if anyone had room for her. I got jumped on to from the group. Was told it was my legal responsibility to care for her and it's illegal to put out a cat in the state of Ohio.

Then I get a call from a lady from the rescue saying I was breeding and selling cats. That I threw six cats outside. And I took money from the lady I got the bottle babies from.

When the lady that brought me the kitten came she brought me 20 dollars and a bunch of supplies. The money was for a heating pad that she didn't have time to pick up. She also said if I needed more kmr to let her know. I told the rescue about it because they asked me if she wanted a receipt because it's a tax right off.

Since then I haven't been allowed to keep any new fosters.

To make matters worse now Nalahs original owners want her back. They say she will be a indoor outdoor cat. They also said their boss wants a few kittens for barn cats.

The problem is I feel like I have no choice in the matter. For the last 2 months I have sheltered her and fed her. I was with her during the whole labor. Now I'm expected to give her up.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Why do you say you have no choice regarding Nalah?

When you took Nalah from the neighbors, did you sign her up with the rescue?

Why do the neighbors want her back now?

All of this sounds very political to me. It sounds like you may have unwittingly shared too much information about your fostering business with too many different groups, such as the neighbors, the rescue, and people from FB groups. Now, for various reasons, you are falling victim to the rumor mill with negative consequences.

Perhaps it's time to pull back from some of these associations, and find another rescue to work with.

I'm sorry all of this is happening.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not give Nalah back or any kittens to her original owner, especially if they aren't spayed and neutered. Go no contact. I agree that you should find another, less petty, rescue to work with.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry this happened to you. I agree with Sarthur2 & talkingpeanut.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
IMG_1943.JPG IMG_1942.JPG It took forever for me to find my thread. Mostly I was looking at all the others lol.

Earlier Larry was about to get in the shower when he called for me. He said the kittens were crying and sure enough you can hear them in the hallway with the door shut. I went in and at first they seemed to be playing one was chasing Nalah. After playing a minute and getting picks I laid mom down and put the kittens to her she seemed fine but kittens were freaking out. I checked her teats and only two are giving small amounts.

I'm going after some kmr and going to start feeding them. Can I get her supply up? She is calling like in heat will that do it?

The kittens are 16&17 days old. They look good but their faces just look off or maybe I'm just worrying to much.

Attached pics are Henri and Maggie